Museum Archives: Access Policy and Guidelines
The City Palace Museum’s Archives is a resource pool for scholars, researchers and enthusiasts. The Museum, the Archives along with the Maharana of Mewar Charitable Foundation (MMCF) are committed to and extend its support towards research. It encourages the use of its archival material and their digital surrogates, for research purposes or contexts that are scholarly, creative and/ or culturally significant.
Access the Archives
Monday-Friday (excluding Public holidays)
1100hrs – 1300hrs
1500hrs – 1700hrs
A maximum of 5 low resolution images (72 dpi) can be accessed, at a time. Simply write to us on email citing your area of research or requirement.
Request for in person, supervised access of collections by writing to us. Access is subject to certain conditions.
Photography of collection and personal storage devices are not permitted
Printouts of records will not be provided
Furthermore, required images can be communicated over email and accessed in low resolution. A fee of Rs. 2500.00 + taxes will be charged per image
To request virtual/physical access, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachment. Requests are processed within a maximum of five working days, subject to terms and conditions.
Visit to Museum Archives (Checklist)
- Either of the following, as ID Proof (original + 1 photocopy for record purposes)
- Student/ staff ID card.
- Driver’s License.
- PAN Card/ Social Security or other Government-issued form of photo-ID.
- 1 Passport size photograph
- A letter of reference from your supervisor (if you are a student)/ a letter of introduction from your department/ university/ organisation endorsing your reasons for wishing to access the archive. This could be emailed to us, prior to your visit, if desired.
- Complete registration form provided by the Museum Archives, during visit.
- Provide your signature, as required.
- Navigate the database, with assistance.
Licensing reproduced images (optional)
- You are required to indicate number of desired reproductions of objects.
- A licensing fee for a one-time image reproduction will be charged.
- All prices are in Indian Rupees and are mentioned in the license. The Museum Archives does not have differing domestic and international rates.
- 2 Copies of all materials featuring the reproduced images are to be provided to the Museum, as stipulated in the relevant agreements.